Will an Iphone 4 have to be running iOs4.1 to Facetime with a Ipod touch 4

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by bruceleroy, Sep 6, 2010.

1. bruceleroy macrumors member

bruceleroy

I know there is probably not an answer for this yet, but i am curios because i know a couple of people getting an ipod touch 4 on Wednesday however i don't want to upgrade my iphone 4 and lose my jailbreak. It seems as if someone facetimes you from the ipod touch 4 you can receive the call but you wont be able to call them unless you have 4.1..any ideas????

2. SoraLimit macrumors regular

You probably need to since the iPhone 4 software needs to accommodate adding the Apple ID and the email address that the iPod touch uses.

3. terraphantm macrumors 68040

Really impossible to tell. I don't know how the iPhone 4 would "call" an iPod touch, but it is possible that it'll work if you initiate the call from the iPod

4. bruceleroy thread starter macrumors member

bruceleroy

Well it's already been said that you will be able to "call" an iPod touch by using an email address but not how the iPod touch will initiate calls...

5. Ipodize macrumors member

Ipodize

I would like to know this too as a friend of mine wants to be able to do facetime calls with my iPod Touch 4 (which I haven't bought yet) via his iPhone 4.

Those few people with an iTouch 4, could you test this please?

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I just did a call with my friend on an iPhone 4. Pretty sure he's updated to iOS 4.1 though.

7. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I just watched a video where both devices needed 4.1 so yes.

8. cityathrt macrumors regular

Yes, I couldn't FaceTime with a friend until she had upgraded.