Will Any Of These Madcatz Bluetooth Game Pads Work With The New Apple TV ?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Mr.C, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm in Paris at the moment to attend Paris Games Week and there is a French retailer selling PC gaming accessories including two of the following Madcatz Bluetooth Game Pads. Will any of them work or likely work with the new Apple TV. If any one can provide advice that would be great. They look far more solid then the Nimbus Steelseries ones. Plus the lay out is more like the Xbox controllers.

Mad Catz C.T.R.L.R Mobile Gamepad for Android/PC/Mac Black

Mad Catz Micro C.T.R.L.i bluetooth controller - IOS (Mac)

Mad Catz C.T.R.L.i bluetooth controller - IOS

2. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

The first one won't. But the c.t.r.l.i and c.t.r.l.i micro will. I've actually been using the c.t.r.l.i with my Apple TV.

3. Mr.C thread starter macrumors 601

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know. I'm debating whether to get one of these or the Nimbus controller.

4. TrueBlou macrumors demi-god

TrueBlou

I'm really liking the look of the Nimbus, though I didn't like the triggers on their previous pad, which is why I ended up with the Mad Catz C.T.R.L.I, which I've found to be really good in every way apart from the D-Pad could be improved on. (It's a lot like the Xbox 360 pad, not that I'm suggesting that's where they got their inspiration :D)

Still, I think I might try and get a hands-on with the Nimbus at some point to see how it feels, going to need another controller for two player games anyway.

5. nasa25 macrumors 65816

for the price, it's tough to beat the nimbus controller. Gonna test it out with my ATV (hopefully this weekend) and if it cuts the muster I'll grab another one from the apple store.

6. Mr.C thread starter macrumors 601

The Madcatz game pads are around the same price and seem to have more functionality.

7. Mr.C thread starter macrumors 601

Personally I prefer the d-pad on the Madcatz game pads to the Nimbus ones.