Will Apple be a better company if they listen to customers more?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by agkm800, Nov 24, 2009.

1. agkm800 macrumors 6502a

agkm800

Do you think Apple listens to its customers enough? Will Apple be an even better company if they listen more?

2. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I think the fact that they're sometimes so stubborn is both what makes them great, as well as a big downfall. Power-users like many of the people on this board tend to suffer because Apple sometimes has a tendency to make things too 'dummy-proof' for the masses, and products aren't as feature rich as they'd like. I think sometimes Apple underestimates their customer base. Yet, their products tend to work better than their competitors because the features they do include work really, really well. They don't try to over-extend themselves and be all things to all people, like for example Microsoft. They do what they do really well, and if it seems like they're not doing something people are clamoring for, while it's very frustrating to us, it's probably for a reason.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think they need a good balance, partly listening to customers but yet also not losing focus on their driving philosophy.

You can't please everyone all the time and if you try, you'll start making crappy products.

4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Steve doesn't pleasure me or anyone but himself, it seems.

5. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Haha, that's hilarious, but for a totally different reason than original post's intentions I guess ;P

6. Badger^2 macrumors 68000

Badger^2

can you give an example?

of some sort of "advice" you might give them to make them a "better" company?