Will Apple be a better company if they listen to customers more?

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Do you think Apple listens to its customers enough? Will Apple be an even better company if they listen more?

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
I think the fact that they're sometimes so stubborn is both what makes them great, as well as a big downfall. Power-users like many of the people on this board tend to suffer because Apple sometimes has a tendency to make things too 'dummy-proof' for the masses, and products aren't as feature rich as they'd like. I think sometimes Apple underestimates their customer base. Yet, their products tend to work better than their competitors because the features they do include work really, really well. They don't try to over-extend themselves and be all things to all people, like for example Microsoft. They do what they do really well, and if it seems like they're not doing something people are clamoring for, while it's very frustrating to us, it's probably for a reason.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
I think they need a good balance, partly listening to customers but yet also not losing focus on their driving philosophy.

You can't please everyone all the time and if you try, you'll start making crappy products.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Steve doesn't pleasure me or anyone but himself, it seems.

andalusia

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2009
Manchester, UK
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Steve doesn't pleasure me or anyone but himself, it seems.
Haha, that's hilarious, but for a totally different reason than original post's intentions I guess ;P