Will Apple buy my iphone 6?

londonem

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I purchased my iphone from PC World (UK) and i didnt realise that I wouldn't be able to take it back once i'd unsealed it. Someone suggested that I see if Apple will buy it from me?

Anyone know if this is a possibility? I don't want them to laugh at me if I go and ask!

boshii

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I purchased my iphone from PC World (UK) and i didnt realise that I wouldn't be able to take it back once i'd unsealed it. Someone suggested that I see if Apple will buy it from me?

Anyone know if this is a possibility? I don't want them to laugh at me if I go and ask!
They will laugh at you.

You can only return items to the Apple Store that were bought from the Apple Store.

brokenarrow184

macrumors member
Sep 23, 2014
I think he's asking if they will buy it back at a price lower than retail, like a used phone. Just like they buy your iPhone 3 4 or 5.. I'm willing to bet they'd at least offer ~$400

raven69david

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
You're better off placing it on Ebay for sale. You can take it back to the Apple Store and they will buy it back from you as a used phone or you can sell it to your local carrier and apply the credit towards your account balance and/or towards buying a new phone.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
I'm still amazed at people that buy expensive stuff without knowing the stores return policy.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida

I doubt they will laugh but no need in taking it back to them as they are not going to buy the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.