Will Apple cancel iPhone order if account is past due on AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AaronE, Jun 19, 2010.

1. AaronE macrumors 6502

I'm not sure what to do about this but I ordered my phone on the 15th and right now it says prepared for shipment. I checked my account on AT&T and it says past due even though the bill was paid yesterday. I'm guessing it won't be updated until Monday, but would this cause my order to be canceled?

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

No one knows. We will only know when you tell us what happens.

But, odds are that you'll be fine since when you placed the order, you qualified for upgrade pricing (and you were evidently not past due).

3. AaronE thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah and the bill was due yesterday and it's definitely postmarked as yesterday through the mail so hopefully they won't cancel it.

4. sonictonic macrumors 6502a

It's my experience that AT&T will not let you activate any new subsidized product unless your bill is current. Hopefully your payment posts before the new account needs to be activated...

If you were already late why'd you send a payment through the mail? Shoulda made a phone payment!

5. Fast duck macrumors member

question for you was it that you did not have money to pay your bill? Or just lazyness?

6. cello2456 macrumors regular

I seriously doubt that ATT will care about when the check was postmarked - they will care when it arrived to them.

7. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

^This.

8. cello2456 macrumors regular

I wonder if you could post a payment on line today that would go through immediately, then when the check clears it would go towards your next payment?

9. elephunkman macrumors 65816

They made just cancel it, but I've never seen that happen

10. AaronE thread starter macrumors 6502

It will be fine on Monday and hopefully Apple won't cancel it on the weekend which I doubt would happen. Looks like I gotta just wait to see what happens.