Will Apple ever screw over new iPhones like they just did with the Mac Mini?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by markusbeutel, Oct 17, 2014.

1. markusbeutel macrumors regular

Imagine the iPhone 6/6+ isn't out yet, and you're still super excited for the reveal...

And Tim Cook comes out on stage and presents the new iPhone 6's, complete with the new A8 chip, which just happens to be slower than the A7 and A6x chips from the iPhone 5 and 5s...

BUT, they're $100-200 dollars cheaper than the current price of the 6's and the GPU is better. So games run quicker, while multitasking and browsing offer lesser experiences.

2. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

3. tmanto02 macrumors 65816

tmanto02

This makes no sense

4. Abazigal macrumors G3

Abazigal

Maybe you would like to share your thoughts on just why Apple might do such a thing? Now that Apple designs their own chips in-house, they are not bound by the release cycles currently plaguing the Intel PC market. All other things equal, why would the A chip ever get slower? You can argue that diminishing returns may set in later, but I think it's fair to say that Apple should be able to consistently deliver a performance boost year after year.

5. davedvdy macrumors regular

This.
    I reread 2x...this thread is the land of confusion.

MR translator on board?

6. Cloudsurfer macrumors 65816

Cloudsurfer

Yeah the Mac mini is an entry level machine and the iphone is a high end mobile computer. What are you trying to say?

7. markusbeutel thread starter macrumors regular

The old mac mini's had quad i7's with configurable HD's and ram, the best new mac mini is a dual core i7 that's not user configurable, not even the ram.

8. buntym macrumors member

My head hurts from trying to understand this thread.

9. stasha macrumors 6502

This OP is specialized in negativ thread,he must be itchy when he doesnt created one in mr,get a life