Will Apple figure out and develop a widget for Bluetooth one day?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Myiphone7, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Myiphone7 macrumors 6502a

I know it's easier said than done.

But.

It'd be really convenient to turn on and turn off Bluetooth easily on my iPhone 5.

Does Bluetooth drain battery on iPhone 5 when on?

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I just want bluetooth MINI Connect in my car!!

3. erratikmind, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012

erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

Some 6 months ago, I was able to download an app by the name of OnOff before Apple removed it from the App Store. I simply tap the app icon and my iPhone connects to my car's Bluetooth. When exiting my car, I tap the said icon and the phone's bluetooth shuts off. This icon sits on my home screen.

Why Apple removed this app is beyond me. In the app's review section, it was mentioned, by some, that this app would eventually be removed and it was.

http://www.tuaw.com/2012/04/27/no-comment-apple-pulls-bluetooth-onoff-switch-app-from-the-app/

Fortunately, the app still works.

4. Cobra611 macrumors regular

Cobra611

I was lucky enough to get this app while it was available.

5. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

As a follow up, here is a screen shot.

Attached Files:

6. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Why stop at bluetooth. Apple needs widgets for many toggles. Wifi would be more important for me.

I don't know why they haven't implemented a toggle bar in the notification center or in the spotlight page. I'm sure it will come eventually, and will be touted as revolutionary and take up a slide or two in the keynote.

8. tasset macrumors 6502a

I believe since bluetooth 3.0 (the 4S and 5 have 4.0) is so efficient and is dormant when not in use, that is not worth toggling on/off. Perhaps not even wifi. At least not along the same lines that GPS, LTE, or 3G drain battery life.
    The new iPod Nano has bluetooth. Haven't read up much on it since it just came out, but if it gets days of battery life that should be a good indicator bluetooth on the iPhone doesn't cause battery loss.