Will Apple flag an account for too many returns?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CheekyElle, Oct 7, 2013.

1. CheekyElle macrumors newbie

Okay, so I have crappy luck :(. The first phone I bought had a legitimate deep scratch, after getting that replaced I realized I needed more space and went to 64gb (this one was my own fault), and then the new phone had legitimate hardware issues and I was given a replacement phone.

The first two exchanges were actual exchanges and the last one was a replacement phone. Here is the issue, after I got home and was ready to put on my protective screen, I noticed three light scratches on the actual screen. I am so far and beyond annoyed right now :\. All of my other family members have had no problems with their phones and I keep getting duds. After spending so much time trekking back and forth to the store and waiting in lines I really just want a phone that isn't cosmetically damaged and works normally.

I would really like to just return the phone altogether but I am afraid Apple will like flag my account or something. Is that possible? I have been a long time Apple customer buying all of their products (desktops, laptops, ipads, iphones, etc.) and I have never had problems like this before.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

So you just recently started developing OCD? :rolleyes:

3. CheekyElle thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think scratches qualify as me having OCD. I get what everyone is saying about scratches on the case being insignificant because most people put cases on, but on the actual screen itself? It is hard to ignore that.

4. U4icLab macrumors regular

Good question, but I doubt you'll be flagged. I don't blame you for wanting to get what you paid for. They're sure as hell not cheap and you use it throughout the day, everyday. I've had 2-3 replacements before for hardware crap and no issues with returns.

5. CheekyElle thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks U4icLab! Yeah, I am one of the people that likes to keep the phone in decent condition for when I eventually resell it down the line for an upgrade. I just hope I don't run into any problems!

6. Killcount macrumors newbie

I know a lot of people don't like to open their new phones at the store, but maybe the next time you go there try opening and seeing if there are any defects? Just to make sure.

7. bwsteg macrumors 6502

Apple won't flag you but the return/exchange agency may in which you won't be able to make returns nor exchanges for 90 days..

8. xizdun macrumors regular

Amazon does it [1] [2] [3], so why not Apple? Apple most probably flags it internally without disclosing to you. If I were a brick-and-mortar business and you kept abusing my return policy... wouldn't you?

9. cwosigns macrumors 65816

I always make sure my phone is flawless and activated and working before leaving the store, except for launch day of the 5s. I got in line at 11:30 PM the night before, and didn't leave the store until 2 PM the next day because my phone wouldn't activate fully (I had a data connection, but couldn't receive phone calls until the following Monday).

10. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Apple does it. There are been a few threads in this forum about people having it happen to them. In summation, Apple refuses to exchange the device because the account has been flagged.

11. gCloud macrumors 6502a

lol

OP I doubt there is flagging, even if there is so what?

12. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I do not think so, they are a very customer service oriented company.

13. D3TSURA macrumors member

I have never had any issues with Apple not giving a replacement. As long as you have legitimate issue with your device they well do a swap.