Will Apple get rid of black bezel on the MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by NASCAR, Jan 2, 2011.

1. NASCAR macrumors newbie

Everyone is saying that the MacBook Air is the new direction for this line, especially when predicting/wishing for no optical drive and including flash storage. One thing we all noticed is the MBA has no black bezel, it's aluminum silver, so do you think Apple will choose to get rid of it?

Thanks!

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

The MacBook Air and it's silver bezel came out before the Unibody MacBook and MacBook Pro. I think it's more likely that the glass is not feasible on the Air.

3. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

Apple likes consistent products. The Ip4, Itouch & ipad all have black bezels around their screen. I think the mbp will continue to do so.

Im really not sure why they didnt use glossy black plastic around the MBA screen.

4. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

I like the black bezel..I'm not sure why everyone freaks out over this. I like the black and silver theme and without the black bezel it would be too much silver and kill the balance, of course that sounds OCD but this is apple people they probably can't sleep at night if the aesthetics of there computers aren't perfect!

5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

As a photographer, the black bezel is preferable. Light is focused on the image and not the edges.

6. phonk macrumors member

They won't. Just because a silver bezel beneath the glass finish of the display would look wired = two different shapes of silver. All models without glass will be silver (as the mba or the non-glossy mbp).

7. ZebOfMac macrumors regular

ZebOfMac

I don't think they will. It is their current theme of how everything should look. There should be an option as I like the silver look better; but that does not matter as the final say is up to Steve.

8. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502