Will Apple have replacement iPhone 5s in stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by viperGTS, Oct 1, 2013.

1. viperGTS macrumors 65816

Just got my iPhone 5s today in the mail. Of course, I happen to spot a dead pixel not even 20 minutes in to using it. Mind you, I did NOT try looking for it.

So off to the Apple store it is.

However, with all the reports that the 5s is seeing limited supply, do you guys think Apple will have any in stock to provide replacements for defective units?

2. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

Yes. This happened to me last week and they did a retail exchange. I'd think by now they'd have some more replacements set aside for defective units.

3. drmikey macrumors member

Yeah they should. I had my 5s swapped out last week due to an uneven screen tint. The rep told me they didn't have any for sale, but my replacement was a new unopened unit kept specifically for this.

4. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

There is a separate quota of devices allocated for replacements. The only time I remember Apple having an issue was with the iPad 2

5. Spacial macrumors 6502

They'll have refurbished units any day. New units are reserved for new sales not warranty replacements.

6. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

Incorrect. Within the first 30 days, it's always a brand new replacement.

Refurbished units don't hit circulation until about 90 days after the device is released.

7. viperGTS thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks everyone for your responses. Hopefully my appointment goes without a hitch. :)