Will Apple jump Samsung's North American release?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wrathwitch, Jun 5, 2012.

1. Wrathwitch macrumors 65816

What do you think?

There is much discussion over Samsung's new flagship device that will be coming in the next couple of weeks. Apple has to know that a decent enough amount of people (yes even Apple users) may be considering the new device.

Do you think that Apple will release any sort of teaser to their new iPhone during the conference to keep iPhone users on the line and waiting rather than going for the instant gratification of a new device by Samsung?

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

You obviouslty don't follow Apple very closely. They don't operate that way.

3. matttye macrumors 601

No. If they tease the new device, people won't buy the current device. They don't want that.

4. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

5. Shanekarpi251 macrumors member

Probably not but it would be nice...dream on though :rolleyes:

6. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

They might release new advertisements for the iPhone 4S showing off specific features again, but no teaser trailers.

7. Indy21 macrumors 6502

Maybe they will show off a little bit of ios6 and that alone will de-suede some of the potential traitors, lol.

8. SurferMan macrumors 65816

Preview of iOS6, possible.... actual release of next iPhone, highly doubtful

9. rjohnstone macrumors 68040

rjohnstone

10. Dmunjal, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012

Dmunjal macrumors 65816

AT&T pre-orders are live right now. No need to wait until tomorrow.

Adding link.

11. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

It's interesting to think on none the less. I am sure there is much more that goes on in corporate workings than us "followers" don't see. Advertising is king and timing product releases etc is not only when the device is ready. Unless they are stupid, which they are not, the best time to release or tease a product is when the competetion has something of interest to offer the consumers.

I will be interested to see if there was not ANY sort of iPhone5 teaser in the WWDC. Yes SS preorders are in effect, but I am sure Apple knows it has a great product and that people are somewhat flaky, if they give us something to hunger for, those that might have considered switching might be convinced to stay or hold out for the new device. Just for example, myself. I am VERY curious about the new SS device but rather that pre-order, I want to go in and have a hands on with the device before I consider it. I am sure there are thousands others like me.

Either way I will enjoy the keynote. If Steve Jobs was here I am sure he might have something interesting or derisive of the attempts of competetion with his company. RIP Steve....

----------

Dissuade. Damn those traitors and their suede outfits!! ;)

12. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Why release it now against the S3 when they can release it in the fall vs. BB10, Windows Phone Appolo, and the next Nexus device?

Releasing it earlier would just give those 3 "ideas" on how to make last minute improvements to top the iPhone. It's also like better for record holiday sales.

13. Wrathwitch thread starter macrumors 65816

Well I was wrong in the methodology. They won't likely give the customers any incentive to curb purchasing the SSG3, HOWEVER, they will still try to stop or delay it:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/349537/20120607/samsung-will-fight-apple-sales-ban.htm

Sometimes I really hate corporations. Well most of the time actually haha!

----------

Good point though!