Will Apple live stream the iPhone event?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SR71, Aug 29, 2012.

1. SR71 macrumors 68000

Do you think Apple will be live streaming the next iPhone event? They didn't do it last year, but they did it in Oct. 2010 for the Back to the Mac event, and I'm hoping they do the same for this event. If anyone's seen any rumors about a possible live stream, please post them.

Thanks!

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

They won't, but at least you'd be able to look on MacRumors live for updates :). Those are fine for my needs, as usually I am working, so I would just glance at the updates real quick...and then the launch day of the new phone just can't come soon enough!

4. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

No, they won't. Follow it on The Verge or Engadget.

5. Cody21 macrumors 6502a

Cody21

I always follow events on The Verge, they do a pretty good job at live blogging.

6. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I doubt it, last year when I was waiting for the iPhone 4S announcement, I was able to link to someone's live blog that attended.

7. Orange Furball macrumors 65816

Orange Furball

...or MacRumors...

8. Faux Carnival macrumors 6502a

I agree. I always used to follow Engadget, but their new UI kills me. Right and left arrows, up and down arrows. Ridiculous...

9. applefanDrew macrumors 65816

MacRumors is slow. When they post something it is way behind. So I keep up with The Verge/Engadget b/c they are really quick about getting up pics and telling what is going on..

10. macMD macrumors 6502

macMD

It would be nice for Apple to use live streaming through their data centers and have it available as a special app on their iOS/OSX devices. That would be incentive.

11. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Streaming the event is a NEWS disincentive. If streamed no major NEWS service would send reporters/cameras. By not streaming all the NEWS services compete to see who can get the first and most info out (using runners to the trucks) and this is a great buzz creation that would disappear if it was live streamed for all to see.