Will Apple release a 15" w/o Touch Bar if the 13" w/o Touch Bar sells well?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by uptownnyc, Nov 8, 2016.

1. uptownnyc macrumors 6502

Seems like they could have done this at launch-time, and potentially silenced many of their critics, since they are already acknowledging there's a market for non-Touch Bar MacBook Pros with the 13" variant.

2. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

I don't see it.

The 13" MBP without touch bar is really intended to fill the niche of the old 13" Air. Less expensive, less powerful, more battery life.

They didn't build a dedicated Air replacement because, as many of us have been saying for years, as soon as you update the Air with a retina screen and the battery to support it, you have a device the same size as the 13" Pro.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

This probably sums it up best. With that said, I do think the 13" no TB will probably be their best selling Mac. It is the perfect blend of power and performance. Coming from a 12" rMB, the power just was not there....even for light task. I would typically feel the stutter and UI lag, and that has not been the case with the 13" no TB.

4. zhenya macrumors 603

zhenya

Yeah, as soon as I saw that model released I thought it would be their biggest seller by a long shot. It's a really sweet machine, and I expect the battery life in real-world usage is going to be fantastic.

5. jmebbk macrumors regular

Which macs are you talking about
    Their are two non touch bar macs
    The 2016 one and the old one before that that is still being sold