will apple release a itunes wifi video store like the wifi music store?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jrok18, Sep 19, 2008.

1. jrok18 macrumors regular

Do u think they will add a itunes wifi video store or purchase videos though iTunes wifi music store?could it even be done? I'm asking bc I'm sick of going on my computer to purchase videos . I think it would be cool if we could buy movies,tv shows, rentals right from your iPod .

2. exhibit.b macrumors regular

I don't think so, just because downloading on 3g/edge would take a long ass time. Songs are less than 10mb, tv shows and movies would start getting into 300mb - 1gb downloads. It would just be easier to download that type of stuff on the comp.

3. grooveattack macrumors 6502a

edge and 3G?
    he asked about the wi-fi itunes store. surly that can do videos?

4. exhibit.b macrumors regular

Ok smartass the music store is called the iTunes WiFi Music Store but people with an iPhone can still use it on 3g/Edge. You can use the App Store on 3g/Edge. I know what the man asked.

5. A N G E L macrumors member

A N G E L

You don't have to be rude.
    And besides, we're in the iPod Touch forum section, not the iPhone forum section.
    I don't think they'd add videos to the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store because after all, it's only called the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store.
    It's purpose is mainly for you (or anyone) to get music whenever, wherever on-the-go but only for the convenience that you get it without having to do it on he computer.

And because it's also used by iPhone users, I'm guessing videos weren't put up on the stores because they didn't want the wireless networks getting all jammed up with downloads. Alas, specifically, the iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store.

6. Solo13 macrumors newbie

Er, not sure about 3g, but edge will get you a great big "You must connect to a Wi-Fi network to access the iTunes Store"

There's a 10MB limit on downloading apps on anything other than wifi, I think most albums (and TV shows for that) would pound that limit pretty heavily.

7. jrok18 thread starter macrumors regular

Im sure jobs would find a quicker way to download the videos on your touch.

8. aethelbert macrumors 601

Sorry, but Steve Jobs doesn't control the speed of internet connections.

9. -Dark Angel- macrumors 6502

Nope, the video files are tooo big to download. Music is possible because they are short files.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

No you can't. With the agreement Apple has with the music companies they cannot sell music and have it download over a cell network. It must be done through wifi. So.... you're wrong :rolleyes:

11. Solo13 macrumors newbie

Like wifi maybe? Just clarifying that the wifi iTunes music store thing is just for that, wifi

12. hellomoto4 macrumors 6502a

hellomoto4