Will Apple replace my iPhone 4 for battery drain issues from iOS 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Nov 3, 2011.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 4 has terrible battery life ever since upgrading to iOS 5. Tried every possible fix, including setting up the phone as a new phone. But nothing worked. Will Apple be willing to replace the phone if I bring it to the Apple store? Will they run any tests on it and say the battery is fine and to just to deal with it?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

4. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Are new iPhone 4s shipping with iOS 5 on them? If so, and since the battery drain issues have been linked to iOS 5, I'm not sure getting the phone replaced would do you any good.

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

This is similar to Antennagate when users demanded swaps over and over again. It's unfortunately not something fixable with a swap, so they'll fight you on it.

6. sapporobaby macrumors 68000

sapporobaby

It will be fixable with a software upgrade. Isn't that good enough?

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Apple have acknowledged that there is an issue. Which it will fix on ios5.0.1 if it doesn't then take it to the apple store.

8. Taz Mangus macrumors 68040

Taz Mangus

If the iPhone is still under warantee then you might be able to get it swapped out. I would wait for the iOS 5.0.1 update first.

9. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

i know that it is annoying and that it sucks. But new iPhone users are having the same issue. If 5.01 does not fix it I would try to get them to swap it.

10. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

I am guessing that if the Apple store does end up replacing my iPhone 4, it will be with a refurbished one. Do all refurbished phones come with a brand new battery? How about the screen? Will that be new as well?