Will Apple replace my iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ogremoustro, Mar 10, 2012.

1. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

So I went to an Apple store today and showed them my volume button problem, but differently than the video shows. At the store the volume would only go up by one level by itself and I had to touch the volume buttons. They opened my iPhone and cleaned it out, and asked me to try again, and it still did it. They told me it was all they could do and that they would change it if the volume went up by itself, but now this is happening:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3MuzQOWJ_o&feature=plcp&context=C46dc3a3VDvjVQa1PpcFNzjPyu8DDSjswzrkYWurUUYBoBwp83IsM%3D
    Will Apple replace my phone?

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

your apple genus knows the answers best way to find out is go back sorry.

3. jackhdev macrumors 6502

As long as you didn't spill/drop your phone (anything considered an accident), Apple should fix it. Every iPhone has a free one year warranty.

Additionally, I had a friend who dropped his iPad 2. The display smashed and he was out of $600. He brought it to the Genius Bar and they replaced it for free. Hopefully they will help you out.

4. ogremoustro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

Yeah, I think I'll do that. I mean sometimes it does it in my pocket while I have my earphones on and it really bothers me.

----------

Thank you. They checked for water damage today and it did not have any.

5. WhoAmI2 macrumors member

One year guarantee does not guarantee a replacement.

6. bollyboy macrumors regular

Not quite the same issue as yours but my Power button failed on 4S, booked it to see the Genius (Uk btw) and he simply exchanged the handset.

Very pleased with the service as i expected a repair :)

7. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

8. Pez555 macrumors 68000

Pez555

he didnt say that it did?

9. aristobrat macrumors G5

At the Apple Store I worked at, I never saw a Genius take apart an iPhone to clean it out for a customer. They only have 15 minutes per appointment, ... if they thought it was a legit issue, they'd swap the iPhone out with a replacement, not spend time taking it apart and stuff. Weird.

10. ogremoustro thread starter macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

Is it so? Two different employees opened up my iPhone and cleaned it, or so they said. The problem had now gotten worse and my phone automatically takes pictures when in the camera app, it's really annoying.