Will Apple replace my iPhone for a spec of dust in the camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Oct 24, 2012.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

I have a piece of white something inside the camera bezel in the black plastic area (Not on lens). I wonder if my phone has a broken seal somewhere. Will Apple replace my phone for this? I don't want more dirt to get in there. If one can get in, more can.

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

3. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

They replaced mine for dust in the camera.

4. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

I hope they replace mine too. Also, the Aluminum back and antenna band of my phone is slightly scratched from normal use as I don't use a case for it. I have not dropped it or anything. Will Apple still replace my phone if it has a few scratches? Thanks.

5. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Replace a phone for everyday scratches when you didn't put a case on it? C'mon mannn

6. solo118 macrumors 65816

Yes, I had a particle in my lens and got a new phone. I hope it doesnt happen again.

7. Cuechick macrumors 6502

Cuechick

Is it effecting the camera? Are you seeing it in the photos? Can you post some examples? The camera is one of the main reasons I am getting this phone, so if it does I would certainly try and get a new one.

8. VandyChem2009 macrumors 6502a

VandyChem2009

It depends on if the specs of dust actually effect the images and how roughed up your phone is after "normal" wear and tear.

9. bwhli macrumors 6502a

bwhli

If there is actually dust in the camera, they should replace it unless the scratches are huge.

10. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

I take it reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits, eh? Maybe you should have gone with a Wolverine degree? Please go back and read my OP before making retarded comments.

----------

No it is not affecting the camera. The pictures are fine. I am just concerned that if one piece of dust got in, more could get in. I just want to err on the side of caution.

11. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

Obviously you have NO reading comprehension, as you mentioned scratches from every day use and a replacement. I in no way shape or form talked about the "speck" of dust or whatever in your camera lens. So before you start using derogatory slang words for something you don't comprehend, I suggest you become educated with this

Oh and by the way, your comment:

"Please go back and read my OP before making ***** comments." needs a comma in between "OP" and "before".

kthanx

12. saintforlife thread starter macrumors 6502a

Here is the subject of my thread:

Will Apple replace my iPhone for a spec of dust in the camera?

Why would you jump in in the middle of a thread and say something that doesn't make sense without reading the whole thing first? I am just going to leave it at that.

13. BuckeyeMac macrumors 6502

I guess your memory is short lived. It's okay I'm done here. You can only explain so much, in x many of ways, until you throw in the white towel.