Will Apple swap a 16 for a 32?

Marco123

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
I bought my black 16GB from an Apple store in the UK on Friday.
But I have used it for a couple of days and realised that the space is using up really fast.
Would Apple swap this for a 32GB and if so how much do they charge?

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
You'd have to return it, get a refund then order a new one. Depending on what stock they have.

I'm pretty sure you can't just pay the difference and they'll exchange it. Ring them to double check.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
You'd have to return it, get a refund then order a new one. Depending on what stock they have.

I'm pretty sure you can't just pay the difference and they'll exchange it. Ring them to double check.
I was wondering the same thing as the OP. Can you return used iPhones within the 14 days or do do they have to be unopened? I find the T&Cs on the website a bit confusing on this.

shortcrust

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2008
I was wondering the same thing as the OP. Can you return used iPhones within the 14 days or do do they have to be unopened? I find the T&Cs on the website a bit confusing on this.
To answer my own question, I've just called apple and they will refund used iPhones for 14 days.

cambookpro

macrumors 603
Feb 3, 2010
United Kingdom
I'm not quite sure.

I think EU Distance selling regulations mean if you buy it online you have a certain period to return it.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Apple policy is quite simple:

http://www.apple.com/legal/sales_policies/retail_uk.html
iPhone Returns. If you are not fully satisfied with your iPhone purchase, you can return your undamaged iPhone within 14 days of purchase for a full refund, subject to the terms of your mobile network agreement with any mobile phone carrier. The iPhone must be returned with your original receipt in its original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation
So you get your money back, you are then free to buy a 32GB, stock permitting.