Will Apple will replace my phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by N e e k, Jun 21, 2012.

1. N e e k macrumors 6502

So, I just got a new replacement iPhone (4S) two weeks ago, because my mic wasn't working. On my replacement iPhone, I've noticed my battery is absolutely horrible. I'll get 3 hours of usage and it'll be at 1%. I can't even go a day without it running out by 2:00. My home button also always gets "sticky" yet it's a brand new phone. Also, EVERY time I make a call the service cuts out. I can't hear anyone; nor they can hear me. It's not Sprint, either, because I called and they said the tower is fine. Also, my parent's iPhones are working fine. Do you guys think Apple will replace my iPhone?

Thanks

2. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

Go to an Apple store with the phone and tell them of the issue and they should tell you if it can be replaced. Or call first. ;)

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

They may or may not. I dropped my magic 8 ball last night so I'm not able to give you a solid answer. Apple may know though. ;)

4. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks

5. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

Yea :rolleyes:

6. bri1212 macrumors 6502

That was so helpful ;)

Actually the question is will you be able to recreate the issues inside the store?
    If you can, I think they will replace it. Unless they can fix it by restoring or something? Have you already tried to restore?

7. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, a restore did nothing. Sprint's tower's are fine, and my phone keeps cutting out. Battery sucks. Here's what I'm worried about - the phone is cracked. However, that's not of my concern. If the battery was great, I wouldn't bring it in. But, I can't even get through the day! Nor can I even call someone! If there's something wrong with the phone, and I'm under warranty, they should replace it, no?

8. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If the phone is cracked you are probably SOL. That can lead to hardware issues such as reception problems. Apple doesn't have to replace anything, especially if you dropped it. All you can do is try, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

9. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Because you're bringing in a cracked phone they'll probably make you pay for a replacement.

10. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

Sh**. Okay. Thanks.

11. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Take the phone in anyway. It can't hurt to ask.

12. N e e k thread starter macrumors 6502

You're right. Thanks. Has anyone else tried bringing in a cracked iPhone with other problems and tried to get a replacement?