Will Apple Work on Out of Warranty 6S+ that I Opened to Replace Battery?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dsc888, Feb 20, 2017.

1. dsc888 macrumors 6502

Hey Folks,

I have a simple question about whether Apple will work on my Out of Warranty iPhone6S+ that needs to have the screen or digitizer replaced due to failed LED backlighting and failed TouchID sensor. I had previously opened the phone up by myself and replace the dying battery with a 3rd party one. I'm sure the techs will know it's been worked on. So will they allow me to pay them the $149 charge to have my screen replaced? Or will they downright refuse the work? BTW, there NO apparent abuse, drop or water damage.

As an aside, I want Apple to do it simply because I know it's an OEM part and the price is hard to beat at $149 parts and labor according to their website. I do not have AppleCare on the phone.

Thanks in advance!

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

They'd more than likely refuse to do the work if they see it's been worked on. You might as well take it in anyway and see if there's anything they can do.

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Can not hurt to try and let them take a look.

4. dsc888 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks guys! I appreciate your replies. I hope that Apple will at least allow me to buy an out of warranty replacement phone for $329 if they decide not to repair it. I know I will be taking a bigger hit but at least I will have a functioning phone that is like New or is new.

5. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

in Utero!