Will At&t/apple stores have walk in iPhone 4S stock?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by marddin, Oct 12, 2011.

1. marddin macrumors 6502

I didn't pre-order because I am not a smart guy. Didn't realize I could get so much for my iPhone 4 on craigslist. But I plan on waiting in line thursday mid day or whenever the line starts and attempt to get an iPhone 4S from an At&t or apple store by just walking in. Has anybody heard anything if this wil be possible? Or that they WILL have some walk in stock.

Thanks for the help guys

Martin.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Yes, they will have walk in stock, but it is limited too
    Should have plenty, but will eventually run out

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

It would be a debacle if they did not have walk-in stock. I'd say it's a safe bet there will be stock for walk in purchase.

What is unknown is how much stock they'll have and how much demand there will be. These two govern how early you need to plan to be there. :D

4. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Yes they will have a good amount of iPhone 4s 's in... Just get there early, and last year they didn't have stock and they are surely not going to let that happen again. Learned from that mistake.:cool:

5. marddin thread starter macrumors 6502

I am going to scope out the at&t stores in my area to see if people are in line throughout the day, I will definitely be one of the first in line so supply won't be an issue, i'm worried they won't have walk in stock. I've heard/read from 2 sources that they will not.

But every other iPhone I think i recall them having stock so yeah.

Thanks for the quick replies guys.

6. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

I too am hoping to walk in and grab one. Haha

7. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

You're smarter than you give yourself credit for, you avoided the pre-order madness.

Here's my advice, just decide in advance where you want to go and get there very early. Expect lines everywhere. In general I would suggest an AT&T store since it's a given that Apple stores have the longest lines and can't help you if there's a question about your AT&T account.

I always order online. But my brother likes to buy it in person. Last year he got to the AT&T store early. They got it done in less than 20 minutes and he was all set.

Good Luck :)

8. GodWhomIsMike macrumors 6502a

This man speaks the truth!!! I rushed to preorder mine, got the 16GB based on price, and since then, all I can think about is if the 16GB is going to be enough space for my needs. Since I preordered online, the only way I could switch is to ship it back to them and waste 2-3 weeks waiting to resolve this. I'll probably just keep the 16GB and deal with it, instead of the whole return hassle I would have to deal with now.

9. unheardthreat macrumors newbie

what i want to know is if att stores will have plenty, if any 64gb ip4s in stock because this seems like it may be the less popular one. but i MUST have one. haha

10. deeddawg macrumors 604

Another thought -- if in a large city, consider going to an AT&T corporate store located in a less affluent part of town since you're looking for the higher end model. Obviously it'd be best to call ahead to save a trip if they'll tell if they got any stock.

11. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

THIS!! I sort of wished I had ordered the 32gb. If I can stop myself from opening it, I was thinking of going into Apple store on Saturday morning to exchange for a 32gb? Is that possible, and would they still have enough? How long did it take the 4 to run out last year?