Will AT&T open early?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tammster, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Tammster, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

Tammster macrumors 6502

Tammster

I called the corporate AT&T store by me to ask when they're opening next Friday and they said 9 (normal opening hour). I admit it's been a while since I waited in line at an AT&T store (maybe 4 years ago at a different location) but I could SWEAR that they opened early for the iphone release day. It really makes sense that they would open the same time as the Apple stores (8 right?).

Has anyone heard differently? Maybe they'll announce it closer to next week??

2. user-name-here, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

user-name-here macrumors 65816

Edit: Yes, 8am :eek:

3. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

Honestly, I'm thinking sometime between now and the 20th we will hear that pretty much all of the stores are going to be opening at 8 that day. Makes the most since to me that they all open at the same time as Apple for a day that they know will be busier than usual.

4. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Actually yes. I called them today and they told me they'll open 1 hour earlier at 8am. Call your local AT&T store and double check.

5. deadstockmarket macrumors regular

deadstockmarket

My local AT&T (Southern California) told me that they are opening doors at 8 am.

6. Tammster thread starter macrumors 6502

Tammster

Is that a corporate store?

7. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I have a corporate store near me and they opened at 8 for the 5, so I would assume they would do the same for the 5S

8. JayIsAwesome macrumors 65816

JayIsAwesome

I think the corporate VZW store (by my job) is opening early. I work at Best Buy and have no idea if we're opening early or not. Haven't been to the store all week (was training at the district office) But I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I think the Sprint store in my area is opening early too

9. randy98mtu macrumors 65816

randy98mtu

I can add an additional confirmation. I stopped at the corporate store I plan to go to and they said they will be open at 8. I asked if I could call on Thursday to see what their stock situation looked like and she said they wouldn't know until late and they wouldn't be allowed to disclose it.

10. Tammster thread starter macrumors 6502

Tammster

I called my corporate store and they said normal time... 9. Wonder if that will change.

11. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

No? Just a normal store.

12. Tammster thread starter macrumors 6502

Tammster

Honestly, I'm not sure what the difference is but if you look at the locate store section of the AT&T website they do list the stores as AT&T stores (corporate stores) vs other stores (like the little stores in the malls for example. See attached.

So I called my local corporate store & the main at&t sales number (more than once to see if I get different answers from different people like I usually do when I contact them) and both said that corporate stores won't be opening early.

Attached Files: