Will ATT have the Nano Sim available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by clickart, Sep 13, 2012.

1. clickart macrumors member

I am using my father's upgrade to purchase the phone with a reduced price.. I was wondering if ATT will have the nano sim in stock so I can use the phone under my number?

2. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

They should considering they have the new iPhone. How else would these new iPhones get service?

3. clickart thread starter macrumors member

Thank you so much!

4. oplix Suspended

oplix

Uhh..you will get one with your phone regardless where you ordered it unless its factory unlocked.

5. clickart thread starter macrumors member

I've been reading all sorts of things such as:

1) The sim they send you is assigned to the number.

2) The sim is unactivated and will give you a list of numbers in which you can activate on.

Lots of confusion to myself.

6. dave006 macrumors 68020

Currently we can only discuss what happened with previous iPhone pre-orders.

For Apple pre-orders the IMEI an the ICCID of the SIM are parked on the line that ordered an upgrade. When you attempt to activate, you will not have any option to choose a different phone number by default.

For AT&T orders the IMEI and the ICCID of the SIM are also parked on the line but AT&T has a different activation process. You call a special activation number and answer VRU responses to complete the activation steps.

With help from AT&T, you can get the ICCID of the SIM and the IMEI moved to another line of service. This can be done by calling Customer Care or by going to an AT&T Corp retail location.

In some cases AT&T reps are available in Apple retail stores during launch and they can also help fix this issues with an upgrade swap.

Note with the new Nano-SIM, I expect there to be issues like we saw with the iPhone 4 when the Micro-SIM rolled out.

Dave

7. clickart thread starter macrumors member

Thank you! I am planning to head to my local ATT store and get my sim switched.

8. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

No need, just call CS.

9. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I was told over the phone that they will indeed have them ready and available. Confirmed.