Will battery life of next gen MBP match MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badlydrawnboy, Jul 24, 2016.

1. badlydrawnboy macrumors 65816

I have a mid-2013 Macbook Air 1.3 Ghz i5 13". I love it overall, but I have a retina iMac and really miss the retina screen when working on the MBA. Also, I am using Photoshop and Lightroom more on the MBA and could use a little more computing power.

However, I also travel a ton and I LOVE the 11 hours of battery life I get on the MBA. So far the importance of this feature has prevented me from "upgrading" to a MBP.

I see that the current Macbook Pro 13" says "up to 10 hours" of battery life. Does it match my 2013 MBA battery in real world applications? Does it really get 10 hours, or is it significantly less? Or maybe more.

2. jerryk macrumors 68020

Apple tends to be rather conservative in their estimates. So as long as you do not turn up the brightness you should be able to achieve Apple's specs.

3. badlydrawnboy thread starter macrumors 65816

I was just doing some research on old Macbook Air 13" review sites and found that the 13" was actually rated for 12 hours of battery life. Just wondering if anyone on the forums has direct experience with both the MBA 13" and the most recent MBP 13". Thanks.