Will Best Buy have SL friday morning or will I have to drive to the Apple Store?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Greenhoe, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Greenhoe macrumors regular

Hi,
    I plan on waking up tomorrow and going to get Snow Leopard although the closest apple store is around an hour away while best buy is 10 mins away. My Best Buy has a Mac Section although do you guys think BBY will have SL tomorrow morning for the launch?

2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Their site shows August 31st as the release date. You could always call them today though as I'm guessing they would know...

3. Greenhoe thread starter macrumors regular

I'll just wait to call tomorrow, I use to work at BBY for 2 years and one thing I learned is 1/4 of the people know what they are talking about, 1/4 don't know anything and 1/2 don't know anything but just ******** to sound like they know something so I doubt anyone would even know if they were getting SL in.

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

FWIW BB had limited copies of iLife '09 on the night of release (Apple released it at 5pm) so I'm guessing they will have SL too. That said good chance if they do have it they won't put it out. BB is lame like that. You'll have to ask 2-3 people before anyone even knows what the heck you are talking about.