Will Best Buy, Target, Walmart etc carry the iPads on launch day?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Mar 9, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Is apple the only place to get one in a store, since it looks like the online orders are already being pushed back.

2. Sharkoid macrumors member

Target will have have them but very very limited amount.

3. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Thats one, I know Best Buy will have them as well along with Radio Shack

Anybody else??

4. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

Though on a limited availability, you can get one at Radio Shack, AT&T and Verizon stores. Of course, AT&T and Verizon will only carry the 4G LTE versions.

5. jayflo562 macrumors newbie

I work at a target and my store will be receiving 20 ipads, i wasnt told which ones but i expect them to be the wifi only. 8am launch... going to wait outside my work for an ipad.... great...

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

Any chance of getting the DCPI's for the different models?

7. notjustgc macrumors 6502

+1000000 (Yes, please)

8. cburton macrumors regular

Must have em!!!!! :)

9. BluAffiliate macrumors regular

Sounds like BS to me. My friend works at Best Buy and he said their store is getting 500 iPads in all models at launch. Unless you live in rural Oaklahoma I doubt your store is only getting 20 models.

10. notjustgc macrumors 6502

FIRST of all... no ***ing way your friend (or even his manager) would know that. They never, ever let the retail staff know how many units they're receiving.

Second of all, 20 units sounds right in line with last year's launch day supplies at non-apple retail stores (BB included).

11. Bartman01 macrumors regular

Depends. I live in a big city, and there are a TON of Targets/Best-Buys/Walmarts/etc (at least 3 Targets and 4 Walmarts within a 10 minute drive and 3 Best Buys within 20 minutes). Each only gets a small allotment of the total for the area and it is hit or miss as to which gets what. The large Best Buy nearest me only got about 200 units total for the iPad 2, the large Walmart got 10 total. Even with 200 units, across 9 SKU's means a AVERAGE of 22 each - and they didn't get an even distribution. That means you had to be one of the first 10-15 people in line to be guaranteed to get the one you wanted.

12. BluAffiliate macrumors regular

They don't stock all SKUs in the same quantities. Ipad sales are like 70% the base 16gb wifi model if I remember correctly. Only reasonable that they're going to have more of those than the 64gb 4g Version.