Will Bestbuy Canada match education discount and give 100$ Gift Card?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Duke15, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Duke15 macrumors 6502

Duke15

Will Bestbuy Canada match education discount and give 100$ Gift Card?
    Anyone have any experience with this, preferably in the Toronto area?
    Thanks
    I called one but they said theyd only offer MS office for mac for free and no discount, but ive heard one or two say theyve gotten them to match the apple price plus gift card.

2. sweatygorilla macrumors newbie

I went to the Dundas one today, and they said they had no such offers. I went to buy it at the Mac Store instead.

3. newdeal macrumors 68020

I am pretty sure they don't price match education pricing. Yes they give you a single license of office for mac for free

4. Duke15 thread starter macrumors 6502

Duke15

Thanks for the quick responses... guess ill be visiting the yordale apple store tomorrow.

5. Duke15 thread starter macrumors 6502

Duke15

Thanks for the quick responses... guess ill be visiting the yorkdale apple store tomorrow.

6. EchoPure macrumors member

Best Buy and Futureshop Canada sucks. I bought my 13" Air from the Online Apple Canada store instead. After tax and stuff it came up to $1388.24 CAD. It's a lot more expensive than buying it from the US.

People on this forum have been posting such sick BB US deals. $1200 USD for the MBA 13" + $100 BB gift card which you can use immediately for the Macbook purchase. :(

7. OSMac macrumors 65816

8. skeevewiz macrumors newbie

hey all - futureshop is giving you Mac Office Home and Student 2011 worth 129.99 free with a macbook air...worth something...sell it after or keep it. any mac computer at all i think you get it with it. worth thinking about. but you need to be a student, same as getting the $100 from apple right?

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=33bffb3c881b96138ad2ae7b9c7896c6en02

guess the OP mentioned this too

9. Duke15 thread starter macrumors 6502

Duke15

Ya its bs that we dont get the same deals, makes no sense our dollar is worth more so cant use that as an excuse, maybe one day itl be the same

10. Lyndo99 macrumors newbie

i called the best buy in saskatoon last week and talked to the customer service manager and after a bit of persuading he said he would match the educational discount. I didnt mention the 100 dollar itunes card however as i could really care less about this, the free office is worth way more to me. The do not have the MBA that i want in stock however so I am going to stop by the futureshop in prince albert tomorrow and hopefully pick one up and im am going to see if they will price match it.

11. Lyndo99 macrumors newbie

update: i went and picked up my 13" 256gb MBA from the future shop in prince albert, they did price match the educational discount so i got it for $1543. I asked about the $100 gift card and they couldn't do anything for that, but the free office is worth more than that card anyways. I also got lucky and got one with the samsung ssd and display so i am pretty happy with my purchase.

12. Duke15 thread starter macrumors 6502

Duke15

Awesome, congrats on your purchase, funny I was actually in Saskatoon when i posted this, anyways a friend of mine already had office with a code for me so it made no sense in me getting it, ended up buying it yesterday from apple got the discount, GC, plus a free wireless printer

You definitely got an awesome deal though, thats worth about 169$ i think. plus the 50$ off

13. Lyndo99 macrumors newbie

haha thats funny, I'm actually from stoon, i was just going through prince albert for work.. but ya i was pretty pumped with the deal i got on everything, it sounds like you got a really good deal on yours too tho. If you already had access to an office code then there was really no reason for you to go with futureshop/best buy

14. Duke15 thread starter macrumors 6502

Duke15

haha I was in stoon for work, from the toronto area though. Ya its too bad we don't get the same deal as the american bb stores offer would have preferred that though but we still both got good deals so guess we can't complain.