Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duke15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Canada
Will Bestbuy Canada match education discount and give 100$ Gift Card?
Anyone have any experience with this, preferably in the Toronto area?
Thanks
I called one but they said theyd only offer MS office for mac for free and no discount, but ive heard one or two say theyve gotten them to match the apple price plus gift card.

sweatygorilla

macrumors newbie
Jul 21, 2011
Will Bestbuy Canada match education discount and give 100$ Gift Card?
Anyone have any experience with this, preferably in the Toronto area?
Thanks
I called one but they said theyd only offer MS office for mac for free and no discount, but ive heard one or two say theyve gotten them to match the apple price plus gift card.

I went to the Dundas one today, and they said they had no such offers. I went to buy it at the Mac Store instead.

newdeal

macrumors 68030
Oct 21, 2009

I am pretty sure they don't price match education pricing. Yes they give you a single license of office for mac for free

Duke15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Canada
Thanks for the quick responses... guess ill be visiting the yordale apple store tomorrow.

Duke15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Canada
Thanks for the quick responses... guess ill be visiting the yorkdale apple store tomorrow.

EchoPure

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2011
Best Buy and Futureshop Canada sucks. I bought my 13" Air from the Online Apple Canada store instead. After tax and stuff it came up to $1388.24 CAD. It's a lot more expensive than buying it from the US.

People on this forum have been posting such sick BB US deals. $1200 USD for the MBA 13" + $100 BB gift card which you can use immediately for the Macbook purchase. :(

Duke15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Canada
Ya its bs that we dont get the same deals, makes no sense our dollar is worth more so cant use that as an excuse, maybe one day itl be the same

Lyndo99

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
i called the best buy in saskatoon last week and talked to the customer service manager and after a bit of persuading he said he would match the educational discount. I didnt mention the 100 dollar itunes card however as i could really care less about this, the free office is worth way more to me. The do not have the MBA that i want in stock however so I am going to stop by the futureshop in prince albert tomorrow and hopefully pick one up and im am going to see if they will price match it.

Lyndo99

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
update: i went and picked up my 13" 256gb MBA from the future shop in prince albert, they did price match the educational discount so i got it for $1543. I asked about the $100 gift card and they couldn't do anything for that, but the free office is worth more than that card anyways. I also got lucky and got one with the samsung ssd and display so i am pretty happy with my purchase.

Duke15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Canada
update: i went and picked up my 13" 256gb MBA from the future shop in prince albert, they did price match the educational discount so i got it for $1543. I asked about the $100 gift card and they couldn't do anything for that, but the free office is worth more than that card anyways. I also got lucky and got one with the samsung ssd and display so i am pretty happy with my purchase.

Awesome, congrats on your purchase, funny I was actually in Saskatoon when i posted this, anyways a friend of mine already had office with a code for me so it made no sense in me getting it, ended up buying it yesterday from apple got the discount, GC, plus a free wireless printer

You definitely got an awesome deal though, thats worth about 169$ i think. plus the 50$ off

Lyndo99

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2011
Awesome, congrats on your purchase, funny I was actually in Saskatoon when i posted this, anyways a friend of mine already had office with a code for me so it made no sense in me getting it, ended up buying it yesterday from apple got the discount, GC, plus a free wireless printer

You definitely got an awesome deal though, thats worth about 169$ i think. plus the 50$ off

haha thats funny, I'm actually from stoon, i was just going through prince albert for work.. but ya i was pretty pumped with the deal i got on everything, it sounds like you got a really good deal on yours too tho. If you already had access to an office code then there was really no reason for you to go with futureshop/best buy

Duke15

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2011
Canada
haha thats funny, I'm actually from stoon, i was just going through prince albert for work.. but ya i was pretty pumped with the deal i got on everything, it sounds like you got a really good deal on yours too tho. If you already had access to an office code then there was really no reason for you to go with futureshop/best buy

haha I was in stoon for work, from the toronto area though. Ya its too bad we don't get the same deal as the american bb stores offer would have preferred that though but we still both got good deals so guess we can't complain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.