Will buying the Mac Mini right now get me the updated one, if there is one?

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
495
1
I read in a few other posts that some people purchased a PowerBook, and it said that the specs for it were 'unknown' or something like that? And they are speculating that it is possibly because the PB is getting an update during the WWDC, so they are getting the newer, updated one?

So, if I purchased a Mac Mini right now, would I get the new specs, if the Mac Mini gets an update during the WWDC?

Also, just curious, but how long does it normally take for something like the Mini to ship, from purchase time to received time? (I'm in Canada, by the way; but I suppose they make it in Canada for me? Or no?)
 

shadowmoses

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2005
1,821
0
If a new one got announced on monday and started shipping immiedietly you would recieve the new one.SHadow
 

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
14,874
57
If you bought today, right now....

You'd get what you ordered.

Especially considering they are saying Apple is overstocked on just about everything right now except U2 iPods and iMacs.

When you BTO something or order something with a "wait" you stand a better chance getting the new one if it is announced within the wait time.

If you want something new, order it AFTER it is announced.
 

zach

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2003
1,205
0
Medford
yeah. the only thing you'd get is a price drop, due to apple's (i believe it's 7 days) policy of price guarentees..
 

javiercr

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2005
419
0
London
zach said:
yeah. the only thing you'd get is a price drop, due to apple's (i believe it's 7 days) policy of price guarentees..
just wait until monday, is only a few hours away!
 

Willy S

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2005
393
0
Yes wait!

We will know a lot more in just 2-3 days. I plan to buy an eMac as our second computer if nothing gets upgraded. However, if Apple will upgrade the iBook, Mini or introduce a new product, then I would think again. :rolleyes:
 

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
495
1
Is the coming Monday (in 2 days) when they announce anything? So after this Monday (basically, on Tuesday then) after that, nothing else is announced and it is safe and clear to buy something, knowing that it will not be updated?
 

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
3,399
489
NorCal
Gary King said:
Is the coming Monday (in 2 days) when they announce anything? So after this Monday (basically, on Tuesday then) after that, nothing else is announced and it is safe and clear to buy something, knowing that it will not be updated?
It varies. Back in January when they announced the new stuff at MacWorld, I think the PowerBooks were updated just a few weeks after.
 

chv400

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2003
268
0
Houston, TX
So if the Mac Mini is updated what do you think the update will be. Any chance of maybe a GPU upgrade to say a 9600 w/64 MB vRAM for the core image stuff in tiger.
 

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2005
135
0
chv400 said:
So if the Mac Mini is updated what do you think the update will be. Any chance of maybe a GPU upgrade to say a 9600 w/64 MB vRAM for the core image stuff in tiger.
emac already has 64mb vRam
 

Gary King

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 14, 2004
495
1
tech4all said:
It varies. Back in January when they announced the new stuff at MacWorld, I think the PowerBooks were updated just a few weeks after.
So are you saying I should now wait a couple of weeks after WWDC is over? :(
 

Macky-Mac

macrumors 68030
May 18, 2004
2,589
1,142
Gary King said:
So are you saying I should now wait a couple of weeks after WWDC is over? :(

there is a general rule of thumb........whenever you buy, the next week is when an update is announced

wait until WWDC is over and if they havent announced a new model....then buy something!!!! you know you want to

seriously, if what's for sale RIGHT NOW will work for you, then it's still going to work for you even if they announce an upgrade