Carrier Will carrier stores have 32/64GB 5S's on the 20th?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mdcosta911, Sep 13, 2013.

1. mdcosta911, Sep 13, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2013

mdcosta911 macrumors member

mdcosta911

Has anyone heard anything about this? I've heard mixed things from T-mo reps that they may or may not have stock. Ideally I'd like to pick up a 64GB at T-mo otherwise I have to pay retail at Apple stores which I'll pass on. And then otherwise ordering on the carrier's website.

Clarification: I am shooting for T-mo, so I won't be going to the Apple store as I don't want to pay $849+tax for the unlocked t-mo 64GB since it will be $299 at the T-mo store.

2. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I haven't heard anything, so now I am wondering the same. Although I would think that they would get in at least a few of each kind. Perhaps a little more 16gb because they might be more popular, but I hope they have some 32/64s. I want a 32gb, but I am willing to get a 64 if they say that they don't have anymore. I just really don't want a 16. The whole point of upgrading from a 5 to a 5s was to get more storage since 16 wasn't enough for me.

3. arom macrumors 6502

Rep at my local ATT store said they will not know until Tue-Wed when they receive the shipment of 5s. Until then it is a big secret I guess....

4. skyking517 macrumors regular

5. gigapocket1 macrumors 6502a

All carriers will have stock.. How many? That's the big question. Best bet is to go to an apple store, they will have the most stock of all.

My only question is what time will stores open!? I have a flight for Friday leaving at 10:30 am.. Hoping I can get a 5s before I hop on the plane.

6. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

One of the reasons I got my 4S 64gig on day one.
    They seem to be more plentiful.

I expect to get the same to happen on Friday.

Here is hoping I don't get stuck with a gold 64!

7. mdcosta911 thread starter macrumors member

mdcosta911

T-mo chat support rep:
    Thank you for your interest with our new T-Mobile iPhone 5S to be released on the 20th. I would love to give you that information, however, until now. We don't have the information about that yet. We really suggest you to pre-register for the details of our release so you can keep in touch with our updates at T-Mobile.com. You can see there the iPhone 5S ads.

Makes sense if they won't know what they're getting til they receive it next week.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

You can't get "stuck" with something you don't choose to buy; there's always the option of waiting if what you want is/becomes unavailable. But I also don't feel any urgency to have the newest device on the first day.

As to the original question -- best selection (and also largest lines) are likely to be at Apple stores, with carrier stores likely having reduced quantities and/or fewer capacity/color choices (and also shorter lines).

All boils down to how important it is to have the newest device on day one. By Oct 1 nobody cares who got theirs on Sept 20 vs Sept 30. :D

9. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

I know in years past bestbuy never got the bigger Gb iPhones at launch at least in my area.