Will Gays Bring American Downfall?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by leekohler, Oct 28, 2010.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

More to look forward to if Republicans take congress. Trust me, this kind of thing will be part of the circus.

http://www.advocate.com/News/Daily_...Will_Acceptance_of_Gays_Be_American_Downfall/

2. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

3. Queso macrumors G4

Does he mean how stopping legal discrimination against gay people immediately brought down the economies of Canada, the UK, Sweden etc.?

Yeah......:rolleyes:

4. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

It's crazy! It's just getting worse. These people will tell any lie they can think of.

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Sounds like par for the course in East Texas. If you go to KETK's website, you can hear all sorts of "talk back" segments hosted by this schmuck where he lets callers call in. The callers are saying some nasty things about Muslims, saying that the left is a freakshow for supporting gay rights, and then I had to turn it off because I was getting sickened. These people are disgusting.

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Who do you think Reagan was sticking it to?

I'll bet it was Haig.

7. Queso macrumors G4

I think it's more a case of blindly repeating the brainwashing that's been instilled within them to the point that they don't realise what they're saying. It's just like the UK was 30 years ago, before everyone realised that THE HOMOSEXUAL MENACE they'd been taught about is actually just people who want to get on with their lives just like everyone else. It is crazy, but that's what happens when people refuse to look beyond their own borders.

8. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I'm just constantly reminded of the Clinton years. Last time the gave us DADT and DOMA. I shudder to think what they're going to give us this time.

9. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

No...but if history repeats itself, civil war.

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Unfortunately, the definition of "we" for some isn't inclusive of all. :mad:

10. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I envision our whole society collapsing if we let these damn heretics marry.

This agenda must be stopped. THINK OF THE CHILDREN! Imagine the horror of watching two grown men holding hands and kissing. It will scar them for life.

11. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

12. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Gaypocolypse Now!

13. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

That's gonna be messy.

14. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

Yes, it is. We still have DADT on the books. If the court strikes it down, it just makes me wonder what the Republicans will put in it's place if they get congress. You can't tell me they'll just let it go. They won't. They could make it even worse.

15. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

Better make they sure they don't get congress or another president then.

16. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

I can only do what I can do. I am voting, but others have to as well.

17. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

18. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

I'm surprised that people THAT stupid can remember to breathe...

19. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

They might be ridiculous, but they do a LOT of damage. This is exactly the kid of crap they pulled while Clinton was in office. They told whatever lie they felt like.

An argument for doing away with laws that protect the stupid.

20. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

21. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Indeed.

22. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

A Democratic minority would be smart to use something like this as a wedge. True small-government libertarians would be hard-pressed to support their rep voting to restrict rights or support the continuation of inequality. But they're going to be feeling a lot of pressure from the social conservatives to find a small-government reason to support bigotry.

If the Democrats were smart, they would exploit the mistrust and division between the establishment GOP and the teabaggers. But they won't. They're afraid of being called mean names by the likes of David Broder.

23. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

You're right. They were wimps when they had the majority and they'll be wimps in the minority too.

24. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

There are so many other problems in this country that are more likely to endanger the national economy or national security, you'd have to both hate gays AND have a shocking lack of perspective in order to buy into this thrash.

This is basically an idiot test.

25. leekohler thread starter macrumors G5

leekohler

We are not short of idiots in the US.