Will get charged if I want to upgrade my new MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bigmike7801, Mar 1, 2011.

1. bigmike7801 macrumors newbie

I purchased a 15" MBP $1799 model yesterday at an Apple authorized retailer. However the glossy screen gives me a huge headache and it is very difficult to use in my lighting conditions. I have to keep tilting the screen or moving my head.

I made an appointment at an Apple Store today to see if I can upgrade to the Anti Glare screen instead. I realize that costs about $150 more, but do you think they'll charge me anything on top of that to do the upgrade such as a restocking fee?

2. Transeau macrumors 6502a

Transeau

No, you have a 14 day return period. Also, apple got rid of the restocking fee.

You're catch will be that the Anti-Glare notebooks aren't normally kept in stock so you may have to order the replacement.

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

I don't think it will work, because it reads like you bought from a reseller and are trying to do an exchange at an Apple Store, right? There's always a chance the Apple manager allows it but odds are slim to none.

I think you have to return it - no fees - where you bought it and re-buy it directly from Apple.

4. kjos8035 macrumors member

There is no restocking fee, and you have 14 days to return.

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Just tell them you want to upgrade to the AG screen. They'll happily take your $150 and give you a new one. Just make sure you backup your data before going to ease the transition.

6. PAPO macrumors 6502

you might be better off looking at an anti glare screen protector, it's be an easier option, and then if you ever want to go back to glossy you can

7. bigmike7801 thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm not a big fan of screen protectors. I was born with 5 thumbs on each hand and am clumsy and can't put these things on to save my life!

Also, I think that they degrade the quality a bit and I would much rather just upgrade to the anti glare screen. If it's my only option, I will try.