Will I be able to cancel my iPhone 5 order?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stoopkitty, Sep 14, 2012.

1. stoopkitty macrumors member

Does anyone know if I will be able to cancel my iPhone 5 order? I ordered late so mine is coming from apple 2 weeks late but I am going to try to get one at Walmart or something. Right now my order online says I can't cancel because it is being processed. Does anyone know if this will change later? If I get another one somewhere else I want to be able to cancel the one from apple.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you search the forums you will see threads on this started in the last 5 hours.
    If you call Apple you can cancel the order.
    Or you can just wait 2 whole life-changing weeks for the phone to arrive. Obviously that will kill you though.

3. nrivas macrumors member

4. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I call it the Burger King generation - "My way, right away". As great as technology is, it has made many seek, no, expect instant gratification for everything. :(

5. stoopkitty thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info. But I don't understand why people feel the need to make comments like that. I already sold my iPhone 4 and I have to ship it by October 1st. If I go with the one from Apple, I'll have to go 1-2 weeks without a phone. Which while it won't kill me, and I'm obviously still willing to do that, it would be a major inconvenience. So yes, I'm trying to get one earlier.

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

Had you originally stated that, it would have put your reasoning in a better context. Instead it made you appear impatient and and whiny.

7. stoopkitty thread starter macrumors member

I really hate to turn this into an off topic argument, but even if I didn't have a "good reason", I don't think it's unreasonable to for anyone to want the iPhone as early as they can possibly get it. It's exciting. If you can get it earlier, why not? I'm not going to die if I don't get it right away but there is no reason to delay gratification.

8. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

This. You just asked if you could cancel and in forum spy, your thread sat right on top of another that asked the same question. /shrug