Will I be able to walk into an Apple Store and buy an iPad 2 anytime soon?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JoshD., Jul 3, 2011.

1. JoshD. macrumors newbie

I'm in Las Vegas at the end of the month, and I'm hoping to pick up a black, Wifi, 32gb iPad 2. Will I be able to just walk in and buy one?

Thanks.

2. kguerrero macrumors newbie

If they have it in stock I don't why not? If the Apple store doesn't have it try BestBuy, Walmart or even Target...one of those places has to have them.

3. wingsabr macrumors 6502

wingsabr

I bought that exact model last week at :apple:. Typing on it right now:D

4. batman75 macrumors 6502

If apple store doesn't have it, find one using the findone app on the iPhone.

5. sandylp macrumors regular

sandylp

I was told that they get shipments every week or more. I have seen a lot of people buy them there, although they might not have the exact model you want on the particular day that you want it.

6. NTeggerdine macrumors member

Yes you can I have never had an issue doing and I have purchased 3 right from the apple store.

7. whoodie macrumors newbie

Just bought a black 64gb WiFi from the Willow Bend Apple store in Plano. They had lots of other models in stock too. I called ahead and he told me exactly what he had in stock.

8. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

iPad 2 has been out of stock everyday in San Francisco. Must line up early for a chance to get one, and even if you do, it doesn't guarantee you a chance to get the one you want.

9. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Depends on how well your gambling went. :D

My Target today had a case full of iPad2s. At least a couple of each flavor. If the Apple store doesn't have the one you want, look for a Target store.

10. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

I bought mine from Target with no problem. They had a bunch in stock. People seem to think the Apple store is the only place you can go to buy one.

11. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

You'll have no prob in finding one these days Josh...

QWOT !!!

12. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Three words: Supply and demand. :) I called three Apple stores and went to the one that had the kind my wife wanted. She wanted white so it was touch and go. Black was in stock all over town.

13. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

Supplies are pretty good now - you should be able to walk into any store and grab most models (although, the AT&T models can still be difficult to find sometimes)

Call ahead - the stores are always very easy going about disclosing what iPads are in stock