Will I be phoneless....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Dyn-tec, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Dyn-tec macrumors member

I listed me 5 on eBay.....auction ends on Saturday and I set a 2 day "handling period."

I will be setting an alarm for the early morning 5s order....but how quick will they be shipped?? When would we expect to get them if bought off the Apple site....

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Yes. For a day or two. Maybe longer depending on if they sell out quickly enough.

Just remember, life existed before smartphones. You will survive.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

depends on how lucky you are. Supposedly Apple's having trouble with yields on the 5S...

4. BMWPWR macrumors newbie

BMWPWR

Same here lol - Mine sold in 1 day.. Posted off this morning.. now im without an iphone all week.. stuck with a nokia c5.. forgot how hard it is to text off this thing lol

I'll be lining up to make sure I get one on Friday :)

5. eoblaed macrumors 65816

eoblaed

No need to be silly, now!

6. Kurso macrumors 6502

Nope. he won't survive. The human spirit is now 100% fed by tweets and likes.

7. Ian0nline macrumors newbie

Sold mine yesterday, bought an ipod touch i plan on returning to keep me busy.

8. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Now I see why companies charge restocking fees. Buying an iPod knowing you are going to return it is just wrong. Now when you return it, it will be resold as a refurbished piece. Talk about abusing the system.

9. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber

I always sell me previous iPhones on eBay as well. However, I always wait until I have the new iPhone in my hands before selling the old one.

I don't know how long it will take if you order one online. The last time I ordered online was my iPhone 4 back June 15, 2010. In the email I got from AT&T it said that they were expecting them to be delivered on June 24th. So I would say you are going to be phoneless for a while. My advice, if you don't have any bids on that auction is to cancel it and relist it AFTER you have the new iPhone in your hands.

If you decide or can't cancel the auction once your iPhone sells then I would recommend you stop using it immediately. Because technically it is no longer your phone and if something happens to that phone before you ship it, your going to be screwed.

10. Dyn-tec thread starter macrumors member

Thanks about the "survival reminder" lol. I know I will live through it, some how ;), but I was just curios.

----------

Laughed so loud at this I think I woke up my wife!

----------

I just want to make it clear to all, the title is "will I be phoneless" not "will I survive," "will I still have the will to live" or "is my life worth living, if I do not have a phone for a day"

Lol

11. Jett0516 macrumors 6502a

Jett0516

best buy...no restocking fee. :cool:

12. darster Suspended

13. user-name-here, Sep 15, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2013

user-name-here macrumors 65816

Edit: Ignore this. Sore subject for me that I should not have gotten involved in to begin with. My apologies.

14. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

I agree. It's one thing to get the iPod, not like it and return it but to borrow it knowing youre returning it is not right as it ruins it for everyone else. Just like you...SIGH