Will I have a better chance at picking up a 32GB in stores then say 16GB?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

I am not going to have all my funds together to grab an iPad until maybe Sat or Sunday. I was thinking along the lines of most of the 16GBs will be going fast, think I have a better chance at nabbing a 32GB??

I hope so :mad:

2. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

Based on how they sold out in the pre order I would say yes.

3. Reser macrumors 6502

From what I saw of the UK preorders at least, the 32GB went up in date first, before 16GB.

Which is to be expected with the new Retina display people know it will use more, and people who had 16 before are upgrading to the next size up. 32 will be more populer or the same if anything.

And I am pretty certain even if the 16 did sell out first it would make no difference, people would just get the 32 instead.

Wheras if the 32 sold out not many people would downgrade to the 16 instead.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Yes, and you'll be happier with the 32GB in the long run. For $100 it is worth not having to spend time managing your content.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

It depends on the supply. Last year the Target I went to only had 64GB models. Yay for me.

As others said, don't bother with the 16GB model unless you're going to do almost nothing fancy with it. It starts off being 14GB, and then you add a couple of apps enhanced for the new display, you're going to be screaming at yourself. I have NEVER doubted my decision to get a 64 last year after planning on 32. I have kicked myself repeatedly for getting a 16GB iPhone 4S after two years with a 32GB model iPhone.