Will I have a problem with AT&T preorder?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jun 28, 2012.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I'm grandfathered with unlimited data and 200 text with AT&T. I've heard of complaints that many who are grandfathered only saw certain options and not their grandfathered options when preordering.

Is there a way around this, like preorder via phoning CS or some trick from AT&T's online page(maybe live chat)? Or is preorder basically out for me?

2. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

There might be no such thing as grandfathering if you buy on contract. It's a play we've seen from the carriers before to get people onto newer, less desireable plans.

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

I hope that's not the case. Wasn't the case last time for those grandfathered on AT&T. I have heard of other carriers doing this. I'll be pissed if AT&T takes this route. If they do, I'll have no choice but to buy out of contract. If that's what needs to happen, can I preorder a non contact phone? I never preordered before.

4. dave420 macrumors 65816

AT&T will still give you a subsidy and let you retain your unlimited plan. Verizon has changed, but AT&T has not yet followed. So far I'm happy to be an AT&T customer.
    I've heard some other people have had mixed results with the $5 texting plan though. I would think you would be able to keep your current plan.

5. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Since you are on AT&T you should be able to buy with no conditions attached if you pay off contract pricing.

6. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Not to concerned with the $5 text plan, but I'll still like to keep it. I guess if I don't hear any news about AT&T switching things up, I'll just wait a week or two and go to AT&T in person instead of preordering. I really wanted to preorder this time.

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Have you considered calling and asking them?

8. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Yea, but I'll wait near preorder time to ask. Also I don't have that much trust in CS over the phone when dealing with this. If they screw up some code or whatever, I won't know until it's shipped and probably won't be able to get unlimited back. Face to face would be best.