Will I have to pay to do this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheLastSpartan, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TheLastSpartan macrumors newbie

Okay, so I am currently on a 3 person family plan, with no data. I just bought an iPhone 4 and want to use it, we have been on a 2 year contract for a year now, and I want to add a data plan. How much will it cost to swap phones? Will I have to pay to swap phones? I know I'll have to pay the extra $20 a month for data, but I'm not sure if they charge for phone swaps. Thanks!

2. negrohero9 macrumors regular

negrohero9

What cellular provider do you have?

3. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

What do you mean to swap phones? To just add data to your plan and you don't have to switch correct?

4. TheLastSpartan thread starter macrumors newbie

at&t

5. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

My sources inform me that AT&T use SIM Cards so what you can simply do is take your existing SIM from the phone and cut it down using the attached PDF printed off at 100% scale and insert it in your iPhone. Then simply call AT&T and activate Data on the account.

Attached Files:

6. nostresshere macrumors 68030

I will GUESS what you are asking.

You are on ATT, family plan, no data.

You bought an iphone4 - I will guess not from Apple or ATT and not part of an upgrade plan. Private sale?

If the above is true, you can swap phones all day long. You are NEVER tied to a phone for a contract. The line is tied to a contract, but not the phone.