Other Will I have to sacrifice my Jailbreak to get the battery replacement offer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, May 10, 2018.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

My 6S running 10.2 battery has just begun to drain extremely fast.

2. JT2002TJ macrumors 6502a

They will try to force you to update to the latest OS... I don't know if they will do it without, but you could always go to a Best Buy or another non-Apple Store authorized service center.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Will Best Buy replace the battery in store?

4. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Which is more important, a properly functioning phone that has been repaired by Apple, or your jailbreak?

5. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Don't the Apple Authorized Service providers also have the follow the same script to coerce the user to "update" iOS?

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

A stock iPhone is not "properly functioning," it is clunky and inefficient. Anyone who has seen and gotten used to the indispensable shortcuts and fixes to the many flaws in iOS would never go back to stock. I will find another way to fix my battery issue, just as I found another way to fix my screen.

7. Starship67 Suspended

Starship67

Good for you problem solved then. Stock iPhone is the only way to go for security and stability which is way more important to me and most then being able to tweak a few things.

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

I hear ya, but I don't see how anyone who has used the tweaks I have (I don't think many have based on the underwhelming support for the Jailbreaking community and lack of interest in even trying it) could ever go back.

It's literally night and day. I feel handicapped using stock.