Will I keep my Unlimited Plan after a contract renew?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Makaveli6103, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

My contract is going to be done soon and I have the iPhone 4. When the new iPhone comes out sometime this year I will be renewing my contract. I read some where that I will not be able to keep my unlimited data plan anymore after a contract renew. Is this true? I have been searching but cannot find any info on this.

2. Toby Ziegler macrumors regular

Toby Ziegler

Depends on your carrier. I resigned with Verizon back in December when I picked up my 4S and they said I could keep my unlimited data.

When in doubt, give your carrier a call and see what they have to say.

3. fins831 macrumors 6502a

New phones will be LTE, depends if your carrier will have different data plans for LTE, or iPhone LTE. My guess is they will, and I have unlimited on ATT, I might stick with it for an extra year and see if the LTE is widely available (ATT buildout is far behind verizon), and also want to see how battery life is affected by LTE usage...

I do have the 4S...you have the 4, different waiting game

4. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry, I have AT&T. Thing is if I cannot keep my unlimited data plan I am moving to back to Verizon. Only thing keeping me on AT&T is the unlimited data.

5. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

6. aneftp macrumors 68040

In theory, yes Verizon no longer offers unlimited data.

Let's just say I added brand new line to Verizon last month....Google is your friend...used a little trick....bamm....I went from 4GB LTE data to unlimited data.

There are ways to get unlimited data. You just have to find the right customer service rep.

The loophole isn't completely closed yet even though Verizon is on to it.

7. Makaveli6103 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea I know. But I would rather have Verizon than AT&T if with no unlimited data.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes you will keep your unlimited data even if you are out of their contract. Upon upgrading you will have the option to keep the unlimited data.

My sister had the iphone 3G since when it came out with the unlimited data plan. She never upgraded her line and when the iphone 4S came out, she then upgraded her contract and she still has the unlimited data plan.

So yes you will be able to keep it. When you order it online or buy one at the store you will still have the option for the unlimited data plan.