Will I lose AT&T unlimited plan with new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by safetyobc, Sep 12, 2012.

1. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I started out with the iPhone 3G, then the 3GS and now have the 4. All on the original unlimited data plan with AT&T.

Assuming the new iPhone has LTE, will my unlimited data plan be changed to a tiered plan?

Thanks for any info!

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat and I'm really hoping they keep grandfathering but with a higher ceiling before throttling. Seems logical.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

they should keep it considering you can currently upgrade to any LTE phone and remain grandfathered in.

4. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Stil don't know why these threads keep popping up. AT&T has made no plans of eliminating their "unlimited" plan.

Many people with Android devices were able to keep the plan. It becomes "Data Unlimited for LTE Smartphones"

It will then slow down at 5GB instead of 3GB.

Not very hard to grasp.

5. djarpit macrumors regular

happened to me when i switched to a true LTE phone

6. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

Then you screwed up. My brother switched from the iPhone 4S to the LTE enabled Galaxy S3 and he still has unlimited LTE data.

7. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

Its very possible that the rules are diff for iphones. I upgraded to 4S on day one, and I'm only eligible for partial upgrade, but ATT will let me have full upgrade on any smartphone EXCEPT the next gen iphone.

8. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

No, the rules and pricing aren't different for data plans. Never have been, never will be.