Will I lose my game saves if I sync to a new Mac?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Huze, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Huze macrumors newbie

I originally synced my iPad with an older iMac. Now that I have a new iMac, I'd like to sync with it. However, when I attempt to do so, I receive a scary warning saying that in order to sync, I need to erase the contents of my iPad and then restore it with the contents of the iTunes library on my new iMac.

I've moved over all of my media files, but I'm concerned about the saves from my games. How can I go about syncing with my new computer and not lose my game progress?

2. c14nhl macrumors 6502

c14nhl

Sorry my post is of no help but I also would like to know the answer to this.

I'm thinking of upgrading from my 2007 MacBook Pro to an iMac. But it's very important to me that I can keep all my data.

Does anyone know if the backup file sent to the cloud includes all your saved data?

3. Lumpy05 macrumors member

You need to move your iTunes library, check apple support website for detailed instructions. This will save all data including playlists, apps, and game saves.

4. ohio.emt macrumors 6502a

Yup, like Lumpy05 said need to move over the whole library and won't have a problem. I just did it going from Windows to Mac