will i preserve my baseband if i downgrade my unlocked and jailbroken ios5 iphone4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by thaiger306, Dec 30, 2011.

1. thaiger306 macrumors newbie

Hey guy i updated my iphone4 from firmware 4.2 to ios5 a few days ago when the jailbreak came out. When i preserved my baseband by creating a custom IPSW but the thing is my iphone4 has been showing signal loss after the upgrade. So i want to downgrade my iphone back into a lower firmware.

Cydia showed that i have I have all the version SHSH from 4.2.1 to 5.0.1 So i know i can downgrade but if download a STOCK 4.3.5 and downgrade my iphone will i be able to keep my baseband or will i need to create a custom IPSW as well?

I just wnat to make sure before i do anything and not be able to use my phone.

I would love to stay on ios5 but its been giving me signal problem, only gets one bar and no service over night. Im using a gevey sim unlock by the way.

Thanks

2. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

What is your phone baseband now? 4.3.5 has 04.10 baseband on it.

3. thaiger306 thread starter macrumors newbie

When i bought the iphone4 it was version 4.2.1 and the baseband is 02.10.4.
    I upgraded to ios5 and preserved the same baseband.

4. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

If you restore it to stock 4.3.5, then your phone baseband will upgrade to 04.10. If you build a customs firmware 4.3.5 and restore to it, then your phone baseband will remain at 02.10.

5. thaiger306 thread starter macrumors newbie

how do i build a custom IPSW for 4.3 when i am on ios 5.0.1?

Thanks for the help

6. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

use sn0wbreeze(if you have PC) or Pwnage too (if you have mac) to bold 4.3 customs firmware.

Once you done. Put your phone in DFU and restore to that firmware while having TU TSS server running.

7. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

The signal loss maybe cosmetic only! The 1 bar problem which can be solved by installing ultrasn0w 1.2.5

I would try that first before downgrading.

8. thaiger306 thread starter macrumors newbie

its not cosmetic, i thought it was until i kept loosing signal and i had to redo the gevey sim unlock multiple times.

Isnt ultrasn01 1.2.5 only works for baseband lower than mine? Im on baseband 02.10.04

9. labman macrumors 604

labman

I recommend RedSn0w which also preserves baseband now and is both pc and mac. if you go on Iclarified there are a ton of tutorials there also youtube you can usually tell by the comments if the guy knows what they are talking about.