Will I still get charged on WIFI on my Samsung Galaxy S6 with 4G being turned off??

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ShaunAFC3, Sep 28, 2016.

1. ShaunAFC3, Sep 28, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2016

ShaunAFC3 macrumors regular

So if I turn the 4G off on my new smartphone Samsung Galaxy S6 and have only my WIFI on.

Will I still get charged if I go on the Internet if I have my WIFI on and the 4G being turned off??
    And how do I turn off the mobile data?? o_O

I completely really really new to smartphones in general because the Galaxy S6 is my 1st proper smartphone so I am really not sure about this..... o_O

I got the Samsung Galaxy S6 through EE! :)

2. Hanzu Lao Suspended

Hanzu Lao

Turn off mobile data in settings and you will be fine.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Nope, no charges. As long as you're on Wifi. Just make sure the setting to enable both at the same time isn't on. I think it's called "download booster", disable that.

4. ShaunAFC3 thread starter macrumors regular

So how do I turn off the mobile data/4G in the settings?? Where??

5. Hanzu Lao Suspended

Hanzu Lao

Swipe down from the top of the screen and look for an icon with 2 arrows one goes up and one goes down. Should be somewhere.

6. MRU, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2016

MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

If you got the device from EE you surely should have mobile data on any of your plans, so why are you worried ?

As for turning it off, either use the shortcut toggle in notifications or

SETTINGS
    DATA USAGE
    MOBILE DATA - TOGGLE

Oh and you can leave 4g itself on. Disabling a radio is not the same as turning off mobile data. Once that toggle has been turned off it doesn't matter if your making calls or sms on 4g - you won't be using data.

Like I say, I'm not sure why you really want to turn it off, even the cheapest £10 PAYG plans on EE have mobile data included. (1gb)