will iOS 5 have….

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipad3g, Sep 15, 2011.

1. ipad3g macrumors member

Can anyone tell me if iOS 5 has a distribution list option. I have about 15 employees whom i send a lot of email/text to. On my blackberry i can save them all under one group, like "Business employees" and send them all a email/text at once. Im running iOS 5 beta 7 on my iPhone. Does anyone know if this is something apple will add in iOS5, i mean its something SO BASIC. Even the new windows phone mango has this feature. I real hope they add it. Please let me know how to do it if possible. Thanks

2. 88Keys macrumors regular

88Keys

If it isnt in beta then it most likely won't be in release.

3. jekyoo macrumors 6502

Download a groups application from the AppStore. I use Groups: SMS, Mail and Manage Contacts. Then download GroupSend or GroupSMS from Cydia. It'll allow you to mass text a group that you've made. Not sure if mail works since I never mass email people.

4. sdm1985 macrumors 6502

It does amaze me how this is not in iOS.

As good as iOS 5 looks, I really feel the whole system needs an overhaul, it's looking far too cluttered and it takes far too many taps to do simple things. As a suggestion I would like the following feature to be implemented;

On any command such as WI FI, Bluetooth, 3G, Location etc, it would be good to hold down the bar until it turns blue then get an option to add this as a short cut that will then appear under Spotlight so you can swipe left from the home screen to easily access all the commands you use regularly.

If you still want to use spotlight then the commands underneath such as WI FI will fade out to bring a list of searched items in spotlight.

I also feel that the multitasking is horrendous, we need a slicker and easier way to multi-task like some of the jailbroken apps out there.