Will iOS7 lead to low(er) iPhone 5S/5C sales?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Sep 12, 2013.

1. rockitdog Suspended

I received my iPhone 4S & 5 on launch day but this year I think I can wait a bit. Not because I'm not excited about the 5S but because I'm pumped to give iOS 7 a go. If as Tim Cook said is true, about iOS 7 feeling like I have a brand new phone, then I see no need to fight any crowd or stand in any lines on launch day/ weekend this year.

Anyone else out there gonna keep their current iPhones and wait for the chaos to die down and enjoy iOS 7 a bit before buying something new? Wonder if iOS 7 will make a difference in sales vs previous years.

2. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I might stick with my 4S until the iP6, just because of iOS7.

I feel as though, even though it'll still be a 4S, it will give the phone a whole new feel and it won't make it feel like it's an "older phone". I honestly still love my 4S and it doesn't feel old to me. The only reason why it feels "old" compared to other iPhones is the screen size. I used my friends 4 last night, and it felt ancient, and my 4S doesn't feel nearly as outdated, even being now 2 years old.

But I also love my jailbreak, so I really hope the jailbreak for iOS7 comes soon enough! :cool:

3. scott99 macrumors 6502a

Sticking with my iPhone 5, nothing in the 5S makes me wanna get it. iOS7 will be pretty cool, can't wait until 9/18. I still think sales will be through the roof on the 5S and 5C though. New iPhones always fly off of the shelves.

4. Kurso macrumors 6502

This is a classic hardware/software problem and a natural cycle of product development. There is enough that won't work in older phones to keep people buying and enough for more recent phones to keep people on iOS.

Will the impact be greater than years past? Maybe but it probably will have more to do with the lack lust response the market is giving the 5s than anything else.

5. rockitdog thread starter Suspended

I think we saw the same lackluster response with the 4S that went on to sell like hot cakes!

iOS 7 will be abilable for all iphones from iPhone 4 on up, my question is, how many people are actually rocking 3GS or older? That has to be a very small percentage or iPhone users. And if iOS 7 is like getting a whole new device then how many peple on iPhone 4 and newer will be content with the new software where as in the past iOS upgrades have simply been improvements?

6. Kurso macrumors 6502

I'm still on an iPhone 4. I know GM is better but the previous betas were too slow for me on the older hardware.

The allure of a new paint job and a couple pieces of chrome wears off fast when you see people with bigger engines and keyless entry. I do think there are more people stuck on the 's' upgrade cycle than would like and can't hold back.

We are all easily distracted by shiny objects.