Will iPhone 5 Verizon work with LTE European Carrier?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shnapsi, Dec 2, 2012.

1. shnapsi macrumors newbie

Hey guys.

I'm really confused here. Many facts, many opinions by many people.

I got an iPhone 5 Verizon Model no-contract at Apple Store.
    I'm not from the US. I'm from a country without LTE yet. But in the near future we will get it. It is still unknown which bands will be used here. But I can assume that it will be the same as in europe.
    Therefore I must ask.
    If I have the Verizon iPhone. I know it works GSM SIM FREE. But what about the LTE? is it free as well?

Anyone here got the verizon version and used it with EE for example?

Thanks!

2. enoC macrumors 6502

enoC

In Denmark we have the A1429 model which can be used on most of the Danish carriers. As fare as I can see, the Verizon model is A1429(CDMA/GSM), so it shouldn't be a problem for you to get LTE in Europe with that model.

3. Tomas149 macrumors newbie

Well, most of the European Carriers only sell A1428 models, so I assume it will only work in just a few countries.
    BTW, where are you from?

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

So stop reading opinions (i.e. always consider the source).

Check the tech specs http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html and compare them to the carrier's requirements.

The subsidy lock prevents using another carrier's SIM. If it's removed then you can use another carrier's SIM. That said, the device your looking at needs to support the LTE bands of the carrier you intend to use it with but the subsidy lock is irrelevant on that point.

Don't just assume.