Will iPhone 5c Have HD Voice, Wifi Calling?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Velin, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

I'm thinking the iPhone 5c maybe be for me. I use a smartphone primarily for making calls, responding to emails, and contact management. I don't give a damn about phone cameras, video, games, or any of that.

So it would be really great if the iPhone 5c has HD voice on T-Mobile's network, and it also allows wifi calling. If it does, I'm going to buy one. So, anyone know if the 5c will have these options?

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Actually everyone knows exactly what the 5C will have. We're just not telling Velin.

3. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

I was under the impression iPhone 5C was primarily for China and India to provide an attractive price point compared to Samsung's many lower priced smart phones.

4. CEmajr macrumors 601

Pretty sure it will have HD Voice since pretty much all flagships that come out on Tmobile have it now. Wifi calling is the big question since it's up to Apple whether or not to allow this feature on their phones. If the 5S ends up getting it then I might consider upgrading. Otherwise I will keep my iPhone 5.

5. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Wi-fi calling would be a welcomed feature specially on tmobile where reception at times is spotty and weak indoors.

I'm on tmobile and indoors (inside my home), my reception drops weak and I would benefit so much from a wi-fi calling feature where I have Comcast on a Netgear router 30+ Mbps download speeds.

6. upnorth85 macrumors 6502

You can have Wi-Fi calling now. Subscribe to Google phone and use an app such as GV phone. Or get a magic jack account and install the App. It can both receive and send calls on Wi-Fi.

I agree t-mobile's Wi-Fi calling is good, but you do not need to wait for it.

7. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Yes but I wanted to be the native function in the phone app directly from tmobile instead of using a 3rd. Party app like the magic jack.

8. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Lol, no the native phone app.

9. Velin thread starter macrumors 65816

Velin

So, now that more info has been leaked concerning the 5c and there are more and more posts and pictures, do we have answers to these questions. Will the 5c do WiFi calling if you are with T-Mobile? Does it have HD Voice? Interested in native phone capability only, I'm not wasting time with Skype or Google or anything else. I use my cellphone as a phone.

10. xero9 macrumors 6502a

No one will likely know until the 10th. It's only 8 days away at this point. Surely you can wait.