Will iPhone 5s be in stock by Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steveo13, Sep 24, 2013.

1. Steveo13 macrumors regular

Steveo13

I live in the NYC area and have not even tried to get the 5s yet because I have been working. I will be going this Friday. Will the 5s be in stock by Friday or do I have a small chance of getting one?

2. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Doubtful. Still lots of campers and scalpers buying up phones.

3. dazedxar macrumors member

If you are looking for the gold version then no. Silver and space grey are easy to come by. I called my local Radioshack and they had silvers and space greys in all memory sizes in stock. I live in San Francisco bay area, so it's not a low demand reason for finding one easily.

4. phpmaven macrumors 68040

phpmaven

I can't speak for NY but in Orange County California there are stores that are getting shipments of Gold and silver every day.

5. uhslax24 macrumors 6502

uhslax24

I was able to pick up a silver 32G (vzw) pretty easily yesterday (almost got a gold, but it was snatched from under me by someone using personal pickup).

My store (Shadyside, Pittsburgh) got substantial stock even yesterday. Despite my limited sample size, I'm thinking that you'll likely have some luck on Friday. Just depends on when that shipment arrives :)

6. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Lots of Space Grey, so you should be able to get one if you want that color.

7. Steveo13 thread starter macrumors regular

Steveo13

Yeah I have been hearing that some stores are getting shipments everyday so I was wondering if anybody has had any luck getting on I have not decided on gold or silver yet, I guess it depends on how the gold looks in person.

8. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I highly doubt you'll be able to get a Gold one.

9. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

No because where I live, NYC, the scalpers are still camping out (5 days out), adding co-scalpers into the line unethically and hustling people for their tickets to scoop up all that they can. So legit buyers in person are having a tough go at it.

I'm at a point where I may ask someone to trade their silver for my black one. But I highly doubt that'll happen.

10. billycuth macrumors 6502a

are you serious? people are camping overnight still?

now that's crazy. I understand doing it launch night, but every night?

11. kappakai macrumors newbie

I picked up a 32GB silver AT&T (full price) yesterday at the Pasadena store. I got there around 7, waited in line for about 30 minutes. Wasn't too bad. They had sold out of all Verizon, T-Mobile and Gold. Sounds like all they had was the AT&T one in silver and space gray. Had ordered online, and then decided to try the store, cancelled my online order.

Relatively painless process. Only thing was, they didn't have any sim ejectors (WTF?!) but an online chat with AT&T fixed it right up (after a futile attempt at cutting a micro-sim from my old phone.)

Fast iPhone is Fast.

12. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin

Lining up in the morning before stores open. Still happening. Maybe it will stop by the end of this week, dunno.

13. iphone joe macrumors regular

iphone joe

I live in NY and have been searching since Friday and still nothing.

14. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Went to my apple store this morning. All they had for att was 16gb gold and 32gb silver I was shocked no space greys. Exchanged my grey for gold quick and easy no problems.

15. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

Check Best Buy's website. They have a stock check capability and it shows some in stock in my area today. I'd suggest calling before you go. If you don't want Gold I'd say there's a good chance in NYC of finding one in stock, however Gold you can forget about...

16. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Interesting... closest to me is an hour away in MI and I'm wondering the same thing.... I think it's interesting that in some areas you can walk in/walk out and in others, people are still camping out!!!

17. terzinator macrumors 6502

Are all the campers waiting for Gold? (I'm guessing yes, but who knows...)