Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JHorstmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
If I drive (it's about an hour drive) Will the new iMac's be in retail stores today? Also, will be I be able to upgrade the RAM there or should I just do it all online?

JHorstmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
So, I can't upgrade it there? I thought you were supposed to be able to do all upgrades in the store?

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
If you do buy one (do it in store and check for yellow tinge [just to be safe]), can you post some pics and a review? BTW: Which one are you getting?

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
What I need to know is if there's going to be any 27" i7 in store in Montreal....

JHorstmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
final question

Will it be in stock at to store? I'm not asking you to speculate if they'll be sold out- I'm just asking if stores will have them in stock today or if they start shipping today to the stores and wont have any in stock?

Nishi100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2010
Will it be in stock at to store? I'm not asking you to speculate if they'll be sold out- I'm just asking if stores will have them in stock today or if they start shipping today to the stores and wont have any in stock?

Simple answer - Ring and Ask for the model that you want, and if you want to buy it then ask them to reserve it for you.

Spike88

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
Simple answer - Ring and Ask for the model that you want, and if you want to buy it then ask them to reserve it for you.

I agree. Phone the Apple store in your region. If the buyer is serious about buying the product, ask the store Rep to "hold it" for you. Many stores in my area will "hold a box" for max 2 hours. Especially when it takes me 1 hour to drive to that location as well. If not sold to me within 2 hours, its "unreserved" and sold to a different person after that time. Works for me as well...

JHorstmann

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2010
Nope.

Made a call to all the Apple Stores in the area- all said the same thing that they wont have the shipment of iMac's in until probably August. So I ordered online, got my student discount, and am now a proud order of a 21.5 in. iMac with upgraded processor and ram. Today is a good day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.