Will iTMS double charge if I buy individual episodes before buying a whole season?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by err404, Apr 4, 2008.

1. err404 macrumors 68020

I usually like to watch two or three episodes of a new show before committing to it for a season. If I buy the first few individual episodes of a series from iTMS and then buy the whole season, do I get a credit for what I already own, or do I get charged twice for the first few?

If they credit the ones I bought, I will be much more likely to try a show that hasn't already been established.

2. Derek.D macrumors newbie

Last time I tried to subscribe to a season I had already download some episodes for, I got an alert box that said something like "Some of this contents is already on your computer. Are you sure you want to purchase it again?" So I just downloaded the remaining episodes. (It came out to the same price for that show. Not sure if that is always the case.)
    Hope this was a little helpful.

3. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Most of the shows I've seen do not have any discount between buying single episodes and buying the whole season so you could always just buy all the episodes separately for the first season if you like the show and use the buy season option for later seasons.

In answer to your original question, I think that you will get charged twice for the shows you previously purchased since the season is it's own product with a set price and content. The fact that you already bought some of the shows individually does not have any effect on the season product.

4. err404 thread starter macrumors 68020

That's a shame. Maybe they'll change this in the future. The "Complete my Album" feature they use for music, if applied to TV, would easily double my spending in iTunes. As it stands right now, there is just no way to 'discover' TV content from the AppleTV.
    Thanks for the quick replies!